Sunday, July 30, 2006
STM Progress Report (7)
Since last report:
- Fix up runtime library more (including N-argument choice).
- Workaround the inability to share constant tables.
- Add support for putting objects (i.e. ParrotObjects) into STM-managed variables.
- Fix MMD handling for [STM]Ref-like types.
- Fix GC-related race.
- Fix bug where initial value of STM-managed variable would not be shared.
- Started documenting deficiencies and 'shortcuts' in the Parrot threading implementation.
- Merged in Wednesday's trunk.
- STM/general multithreading benchmarks/performance improvements.
- Solutions to various object sharing issues? Speeding up shared object GC?
- More tests?
- More cleanup?