Friday, July 14, 2006
STM Progress Report (5)
Done since last report:
- Merged trunk into the STM branch.
- Supported atomic ops for Solaris/Sparc V8plus and probably Solaris/Sparc V9
- Supported cloning existing classes into new threads
- Supported cloning HLL namespace data into new threads
- Fixed some thread+GC bugs
- Added revokable locks for STM
- More interpreter cloning – e.g. loaded extension libraries
- Start investigating performance issues.
- Runtime support for STM (should wait for exception support to be stable)
- Less hackish cloning of PMCs into new interpreters (issue: clones must be deep, cannot be copy-on-write unless multithreaded COW improves (can't produce a COW string header in the wrong interpreter), and should not actually clone shared PMCs)