Wednesday, July 05, 2006
STM Progress Report (4)
Done since last report:
- Thread death no longer frees shared object when thread is joined (not deteached).
- Waitlists implemented for STM so retry-type functionality is possible.
- Some threaded DOD bugs fixed.
- Revokable locking in STM.
- Globals cloning.
- Freeze/thaw on STM* types.
- Atomic ops for sparc.
- PIR macros/investigate exception-handling issues.
- More interpreter cloning (and sharing?) stuff (e.g. HLL data, registered classes).
- Checking/fixing divergence of STM branch from trunk.